Sunday, July 25, 2010

Big 12 South and More!! by MP!!!!

Big 12 South preview huh? I will give it a shot. Great work VC on the North preview, very nicely written! I actually like MU and KSU a little more than VC in the North this year as I think the battery of Gabbert and Washington should be tough. I also really like the big sticker RB in Manhattan, Daniel Thomas, along with Bill Snyder's influence coming back to KSU. We will see for sure and as always it will be great to watch unfold.


As the South goes it is not a matter of who I like, it is who I don't like. I just don't think OU and Texas are right. In Norman I think Landry Jones is suspect at QB along with an O-Line that is borderline at best. This is basically the same line that got Sam Bradford killed last year. They also seem to lack at the skill positions. I guess DeMarco Murray is solid at RB, but is also 185 lbs and I have doubts he can carry the mail as much as they need it with an inexperienced QB. If he was the guy wouldn't he have started by himself last year? Then you lose OT Trent Williams and DT Gerald McCoy with TE Jermaine Gresham and you have a rebuilding year, I don't care who you are! Still many smarter than me pick OU.


You then talk what's shakin in Austin. Similar deal. You have Garrett Gilbert at QB taking the reigns from Colt McCoy, and like OU, without a big time back to take the pressure off, I don't like 'em. Maybe I am alone in thinking you need a stud back, but spread offense or not, defenses are getting wiser and I still believe you need someone who can carry the rock!!! They lost Sergio Kindle and Earl Thomas on D, and their O was already down. Anyone recall the Nebraska game? So long story short, no way I am picking Texas.



Unlike VC, I am not savvy enough to predict records. I will tell you the order in my opinion. I like Texas 2nd, OU 3rd, A & M 4th, Okie St 5th, and Baylor last.


My winner: Hello Texas Tech and Tommy Tuberville! Gone are Mike Leach and shootout victories. Expect a more balanced solid attack with a defensive presence. They will still sling it around, but Baron Batch is the best RB in the South. They have 2 quality QB's in Taylor Potts and Steven Sheffield and 3 solid WR's, 2 of which may be all conference guys. They have a new D Coordinator from National Champ 'Bama so expect a drastic improvement there too.



At the end of the day, Tech is my choice more out of process of elimination than anything. We will see what happens and if OU and Texas come back strong, hats off to Bob Stoops and Mack Brown, they will have earned their reputations. I still say Red Raiders in 2010...I am due right??


Around the horn: PGA Championship is near. Can you believe the last Major is here? Expect a preview coming soon, though I am not nearly as excited about that as The Masters, US or British Opens. Great stuff in the NBA. Can you believe Lebron, DWade and Bosh are together? Now with Chalmers, the Big Z, Juwon Howard (yeah he's old) and Mike Miller? Look out Scout!!! How 'bout those St. Louis Cards? They are en fuego baby!!! I still marvel at Pujols. I think a better hitter than George, and that hurts me to say. He is hitting .301 with 22 dongs in an off year!! Thanks everyone for reading...I am almost out. Last shot: anyone see the new Arrowhead yet? Looks good, but looks like lots of improvements for the blue bloods. What about the regular fan? Maybe they throw in another port-o-let for us tailgaters inside of 2 miles apart???

No comments:

One of the most handsome families ever!

One of the most handsome families ever!
One lucky man!

The other lucky guy

The other lucky guy
Matt and Kim

gettin a vibe....

gettin a vibe....

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy

Mama and Luke

Mama and Luke
at the Circus

2010 NCAA MW Regional nosebleeders!

2010 NCAA MW Regional nosebleeders!