Saturday, August 7, 2010

PGA Last Major of the Year and I Take......by MP

Phil Mickelson, Jeff Overton, Tim Clark, Kenny Perry, and Geoff Ogilvy are my Big 5 selections!!!! For what? They will finish highest or win the 92nd PGA Championship, held this year at Whistling Straits in Haven Wisconsin.

It should be exciting and VC and I are picking 5 each to see who can better choose the winners or higher finishers in the last big one of the year. I like my guys and will tell you why, here they are in no particular order.

Phil is the best in the world and should the world's best go without a major?? He is playing well and definitely a favorite. Yeah yeah I pick him every time, boring I know, but how can I leave my man out?

Next: this kid Jeff Overton. The Evansville Indiana product has 5 top 5's this year, and finished 11th at the British. Guess what folks, Whistling Straits is an Irish type, links style course. I like him and he is in the hunt this week at the Bridgestone. He hits it a ton and is nice around the greens. Keep an eye out for this youngster if not now, soon!

Tim Clark from South Africa won the Players Championship this year which many consider a major and maybe tougher to win than this tourney, the PGA Championship. He is always steady and can get as hot as anyone. He also has been knocking on the door of a major for a long time. Clark finished 12th at the US Open this year at Pebble.

Kenny Perry is my next pick. He is getting longer in the tooth and running out of time to win a big one. He choked a Masters away a few years ago, but I think the big man from Kentucky is a solid choice. Another guy who can get red hot with the short stick, Kenny Perry is playing awfully well right now and may just surprise some folk.

Last but not least is Aussie Geoff Ogilvy. We haven't heard from this former US Open Champ lately. He is playing well of late and on a sizz, and I believe he is too good a player to win one big one and go on hiatus. This guy has the whole game tee to green. He has the nerve to grind it out in the majors and is a fantastic iron player, which is a premium at this locale.

Keep an eye out for the "pinched nerve". It is the signature hole at the Pete Dye Whistling Straits course and is a 223 yard Par 3 with trouble everywhere!!!

Lookout VC, my stable of guys are tough. The Wanamaker trophy is on the line along with our running competition. The difference is I am not leaning on any golf ringers for help with my choices!!! I also get a kick out of you taking Stricker whom I have been talking up all year! Oh well, if Stricker wins he is due and it couldn't happen to a better guy and more deserving player. Good luck VC!!

Around the Horn: Fantasy football draft time is coming along soon and the Hall of Fame Game this weekend! Who thinks the T.O. pickup was good? Can he and 85 play together and make the Bungals contenders? I am likin the Chiefs in the division as the year approaches. I think SD is the favorite, but maybe a split with them with sweeps over Oakland and Denver. Wouldn't that be sweet?? I am getting worn down with the 500 game MLB season and excited for NFL and college football!!! Thanks everyone for reading....feel free to leave us comments, we would love to hear you give us static on our crazy picks or stories!

No comments:

One of the most handsome families ever!

One of the most handsome families ever!
One lucky man!

The other lucky guy

The other lucky guy
Matt and Kim

gettin a vibe....

gettin a vibe....

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy

Mama and Luke

Mama and Luke
at the Circus

2010 NCAA MW Regional nosebleeders!

2010 NCAA MW Regional nosebleeders!